This raw zucchini salad with lemon, mint and olive oil is a perfect paleo and Whole30 friendly side dish. The best part is that it only takes about 5 minutes to make.
Zucchini is one of those vegetables that is more often cooked with than eaten raw. Yet, pair some thinly sliced zucchini with fresh lemon juice, buttery olive oil, sea sat and green herbs like mint, basil or parsley and you have a beautiful, raw salad that tastes like spring.
This salad is best made just before serving so that zucchini retains its crunch and freshness. Enjoy with freshly grilled fish or meat.
PS. For a warm dish, grill the zucchini slices first and then dress with lemon, mint and olive oil.
- 2 green zucchinis, washed and peeled into ribbons
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- Ground pepper, if you like
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs like mint, basil, dill or parsley
- Optional: Shaved Parmesan works well in this salad as well
- Using a peeler, shave he zucchini into thin ribbons and add to a large mixing bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and combine together until the ribbons are well coated. Serve right away.