Recipe: Asparagus with Almond & semi-dried tomato sauce
This summery dish is super easy and quick to prepare. All you need is some beautiful, fresh asparagus or any other green crunchy vegetables, some blanched almonds and semi or sun-dried tomatoes. You can make extra sauce and use it as a condiment with some yummy turkey wraps or as a dip. Australian asparagus is widely available from September to March but you will find it in most grocers and supermarkets throughout the year.
- 2 bunches fresh asparagus
- 1/2 cup blanched almonds (silvered is fine)
- 1 tbs chopped semi-dried tomatoes (you can substitute with sun-dried tomatoes)
- 1 tbs ricotta (can be omitted for for vegans or strict Paleo eaters)
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- cracked pepper
- Boil water in a medium saucepan.
- Process all sauce ingredients in a blender or food processor until it’s everything is well ground and blended together. It’s nice to leave it slightly coarse so you have some texture.
- Cook asparagus in boiling water for 1 minute. Drain and serve on a plate with a layer of sauce.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 2 minutes
Number of servings: 2