Today’s recipe for apple and pork meatballs comes from Monica at The Movement Menu. She has lots of yummy recipes and ideas on her site and was kind enough to share a few with Eat Drink Paleo readers, so you’ll see her name pop up every now and then.
My favourite thing about these meatballs, or any meatballs for that matter, is that you can make a large batch and freeze some for later. Once defrosted, you can reheat them as they are or dress them up with a nice sauce, add to soups, curries and casseroles. Monica didn’t use any salt in her recipe, which will suit some of your, but I’ve added some to the recipe as I know it will just the flavour of the pork and I just love that sweet/salty combination.Print
- 1.1kg / 2 1/2 pounds mince pork (ground pork)
- 2 apples, peeled and finely diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder or 2 large garlic cloves, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons ground sage
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (Irey’s addition but leave out if avoiding salt for some reason)
- Preheat the oven to 215° C/425° F. Prepare a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. You will most likely need more than one if you are going to use the entire amount of pork mince.
- Combine all of your spices into a large bowl.
- Add in the ground pork. Using your hands, spread the spices onto all of the meat. Then, you can add in the diced apples, season with sea salt and combine thoroughly.
- Create 30-40 meatballs (about 30g/1-oz each). Spread them evenly on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake meatballs in the oven for 25-30 minutes until they appear golden brown.
- Serve with your favourite side dish. I prepared mine with zoodles (spiraled zucchini pasta.) Enjoy!
About Monica from The Movement Menu
Monica is obsessed with all things food and fitness. Although she is not professionally trained as a nutritionist or doctor, her blog is dedicated to her experiences with food and through it she shares her delicious recipes and lessons from her journey to better health. Find more recipes and ideas from Monica on her Facebook and Instagram (@ItssssMonica)