- 2 medium sweet potatoes, sliced very thinly
- 3 tablespoons of good quality olive oil
- Baking/parchment paper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (and other spices or herbs you like)
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / 390 F.
- In a mixing bowl, toss the sweet potato slices with olive oil until evenly coated.
- Place a piece of parchment /baking paper on two flat baking trays. Spread the sweet potato slices in a single layer, without overlapping if possible. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until crispy, turning them over half way through. When you turn the slices over, you may need to move some of the slices around the tray, depending on the hot spots in your oven. Check them at a 20-minute mark, to make sure they don’t get too burnt around the edges. If some of the chips seem done, remove them from the tray and leave the rest to bake for a little longer.
- Finally, season the chips with a generous amount of salt. If using other spices, I recommend seasoning the chips before going in the oven so the spices stick to the oil.