These brownie-like bars are flavoured with almond butter and sweetened with just bananas and chocolate chips. This makes them a great snack for anyone trying to avoid too much sugar (like parents making snacks for their kids) and they are also amazing served warm as a dessert with some vanilla coconut ice cream.
Great treat to enjoy on occasion or as a pre or post-workout snack for those of us in training. These freeze beautifully, so they are easy to make and then just pull out of the freezer when needed.Print
For a completely dairy free version, try to find dairy free chocolate chips or use some cacao nibs or carob chips instead.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1.5 cups almond flour/meal
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 3/4 cup almond butter (other nut butters could be used as well)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips (could use less if you like)
- Preheat oven to 175 C/ 350 F. Grease a 8 x 11″ baking dish.
- Puree the banana in a food processor. Add the rest of the ingredients except the chocolate chips. Puree until completely smooth. Stir the chocolate chips by hand.
- Spread the batter into the baking dish, using a spatula to smooth the top. Bake for 30 min or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
This lovely recipe is by my guest contributor Michele Spring of ThrivingOnPaleo.com. Michelle is a mom of 2 young boys and an expert on using the Paleo diet to feel your absolute best. Through her blog posts and short how-to videos she helps to teach and inspire you to live a Paleo lifestyle while having the time of your life doing it. You can find her on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest as well.
Hope you give these a go. Let us know what you think in the comments below. Share around or bookmark it for later on Pinterest from here. Irena x
Join my email newsletter and receive a FREE 7-day paleo meal plan using the recipes from my site.