Recipe: Cauliflower broccoli halloumi fritters with coriander aioli
These cauliflower and broccoli fritters are great for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Cauliflower and broccoli provide lots of fibre and vitamins, while eggs and cheese will inject your body with a dose of protein. I am using halloumi cheese which is traditionally made from sheep’s and goat’s milk, however many mainstream manufacturers now also add cow’s milk. Check the label if trying to avoid dairy from cow’s milk. You can go without cheese all together as the eggs and coconut flour should still hold the shape of the fritters.
- 1 cup finely diced cauliflower
- 1 1/2 cups finely diced broccoli
- 1/2 cup grated Halloumi cheese
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- Black pepper
- Ghee for frying (clarified butter, you can use coconut oil instead)
For coriander aioli
- 2 tsp olive oil based mayonnaise (can also be completely omitted)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1/2 garlic clove, finely grated or chopped
- A squeeze of lemon or lime juice
- Combine cauliflower, broccoli and halloumi with eggs, coconut flour and black pepper. If not using any halloumi, add a good pinch of salt. Mix well.
- Heat a large frying pan to high and melt 1 tablespoon of ghee or coconut oil. Using your hands, shape mixture into balls and flatten into fritters before adding to the pan. Bring the heat to medium and fry on each side for 4 minutes or until golden brown crust forms.
- Whisk aioli ingredients together and serve in a little side ramekin.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Number of servings: 7-8 fritters
I hope you enjoy these yummy fritters.