In case you didn’t notice, I am a big fan of slaw salads (well, salads in general). I love crunchy vegetables tossed in creamy dressing to provide my body with satiating fats and all that gut-healthy fibre. Today’s carrot slaw recipe is another instalment in my shredded veggie salads series.
Find more of my slaw salads:
This slaw is a great way to use up those leftover carrots and to add some extra beta-carotene to your diet. Both ground coriander seeds and fresh coriander go really well with carrots (carrot coriander soup, anyone?), while green onion and a little garlic add a huge boost of flavour.
I hope you enjoy this one!
You can use homemade mayonnaise or buy a paleo friendly Primal Kitchen mayo on US Amazon. Olive oil mayonnaise is also great! For those avoiding mayonnaise or eggs, you can easily dress this salad with my creamy avocado dressing or add a few tablespoons of olive oil instead. I love serving it with grilled beef burgers and with fish.
If making this slaw in advance, leave the mayo and sea salt until just before service.
- 3-4 medium carrots, peeled and grated
- ⅓ cup chopped green onions/scallions
- ¼ cup chopped fresh coriander/cilantro
- 1 clove of garlic, finely grated or diced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander seed powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅓ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lime or lemon juice
- Add all ingredients to a large salad bowl and mix together. If making this salad ahead of time, you can add the mayonnaise, spices, lime juice and salt just before service, to keep the carrots crunchy and fresh.