Hey guys, today I want to share a nourishing green smoothie recipe from the lovely Elyse Wagner of The Kitchen Shrink blog. This detox smoothie will help you get your glow on with an irresistible array of fresh fruits and vegetables. The combination of kale, spinach, banana and lemon come together in a rainbow of flavour—even better than Skittles!
This smoothie is from Elyse’s eBook Smoothie Secrets Revealed: A Guide To Enhance Your Health. When I first got a copy of it, I thought it would just be another smoothie recipe book, but it’s so much more than that.
There are 160 pages of goodness: nutrient-density guide to foods and ingredients, functions of different vitamins and minerals, recipes for making your own nut and seed milks and butters, making fermented drinks, morning mantras, shopping tips and of course, 30 days of gorgeous smoothies, like this Glowing Green Goddess detox smoothie. Basically, if you want to drink smoothies while geeking out on some nutritional know-how, this is your gem!
What’s good about this smoothie? (By the way, this is the info you get with every smoothie recipe in the book.)
- Water: improves digestion, relieves constipation, improves immune system and mood. Regulates body temperature, relieves headaches and fatigue, promotes skin health
- Kale: antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, detoxification, fibre.
- Spinach: anticancer, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, bone health.
- Banana: bone health, heart health, improves elimination, kidney health, protects eyesight.
- Cucumber: anticancer, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant.
- Lemon: antibacterial, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory.
- Apple: antiasthma, anticancer, antioxidant, blood sugar regulation, fibre, heart health.
- Yogurt: anti-inflammatory, blood sugar regulation, digestive health, high quality fat, probiotic, protein.
- Orange: anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, fibre, heart health, immune boosting, prevents ulcers and kidney stones and supports respiratory health.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup dinosaur kale/curly kale
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 banana
- 2-3 thick slices of cucumbers
- 1/2 small lemon, squeezed
- 1 small apple
- 1/4 cup yogurt (regular or coconut)
- 1/2 orange, squeezed
- Loads of love
- Add all ingredients to a blender and process until smooth. You can add a few ice cubes, if you like the smoothie to be a little cooler, or store some of the ingredients in the fridge before using.