If I collected a coin for every time someone said that paleo breakfast is hard or it takes too long to have a cooked breakfast, I would be a rich woman. It really isn’t that hard and it doesn’t take too long. All you need is to get up 10-15 minutes earlier. Think you can do that? Then let me show you how I make a healthy, nutritious snd tasty breakfast in no time.
I’ve decided to shoot a little video for my YouTube channel. I cooked something I make frequently – sautéed greens, soft-boiled eggs, avocado and tomatoes. I had some rainbow chard on hand but you can use spinach, silverbeet or some kale. Scrambled or fried eggs would be just as quick, but what I like about soft-boiled eggs is that they are pretty hands free. Pop them in boiling water and set the timer.
Here is the full recipe, hope you enjoy it. All it takes is 10 minutes plus the time to boil some water. For more videos, subscribe here.Print
- 2 eggs
- Dollop of coconut oil
- 1/2 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 4 large chard leaves, stripped off the stem and sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely diced
- Juice of 1/4 lemon
- 1/3 avocado
- 5 cherry tomatoes, halved
- salt, pepper, favourite herbs to season
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Add the eggs carefully and set the timer to 5-6 minutes.
- Add a dollop of coconut oil to a frying pan and heat over medium-high heat. Add the onion and saute for 1 minute, while you slice up the chard.
- Add the chard, drizzle a little olive oil and season with a good pinch of sea salt. Stir through for a minute, while you chop the garlic.
- Add the garlic and lemon juice and stir through for another minute. In the meantime slice up avocado and tomatoes.
- Rinse the eggs under cold water and peel. Transfer the cooked chard on a plate with avocado and tomatoes, halve the eggs and add on top. Sprinkle with a little extra season salt and some of your favourite dried herbs over the top.