I haven’t done one of these posts for a while but since I am in London for the moment and I am experiencing the UK paleo grocery shopping, I thought it would be interesting to share my latest food purchases with you. Like with the previous posts here and here, the aim is to provide you with some paleo grocery shopping inspiration and ideas.
For those of you who don’t know, I usually shop for 2 people and occasionally some dairy, quinoa and white rice make an appearance in my shopping basket (depends on who’s coming over for dinner).
Where I shopped: Newington Green Fruit & Vegetables in North London (it’s fantastic!!!) and because all my local butchers were closed on a Monday I got some protein from Sainsbury’s.
How much I spent: £45 ($84 AUD)
What I bought
- 500g lamb mince (making lamb stuffed balsamic mushrooms, yep it will be going on the blog)
- 2 chicken breasts (using both in salads)
- 2 salmon fillets (baking with sweet potato and salad)
- 1 tin of sardines in olive oil (my staple lunch)
- 6 free-range, organic eggs (will get more through the week)
- 2 cans coconut milk (for smoothies and curries)
- Small bag of pine nuts (for my lamb mushrooms and salads)
- Container of almond flakes
- Packet of ground coriander
- Packet of curry powder
- Chives, fresh sage, bunch of parsley (gotta have herbs in everything)
- Sweet potato (staple)
- Bag of kale and baby spinach (love my greens)
- Cucumber, radishes, cherry tomatoes, avocados
- Ginger, long red chilli, lemon and limes
- Brown onion, red onion
- Golden beetroot
- Blood oranges for snacks
- Some interesting looking purple/pink threads which are related to alfa alfa family
This will last us a few days but not a full week. We still have leftover vegetables in the fridge from last week and I made banana bread on the weekend so we’re sorted for treats, plus I have some dark chocolate in the cupboard already. I will need to stock up on some more butter , Greek yoghurt and more protein soon.
If you’re looking for coconut products, check out Niulife online store if in Australia or Google for your location. Check out your local health foods stores and supermarkets. Whole Foods internationally has most of the coconut products as well.