For those of you who have visited Eat Drink Paleo before, the website will look somewhat different. I know, I know – you all loved the old design. So did I! The blackboard, the chalk lettering, those tomatoes and rhubarb in the background, my bright blue dress – it was very fun but it was getting old. Plus, I started seeing way too many other brands using a similar look and feel so it was time for a change. Let me tell you what’s new!
1) The logo is new and it is once again created by my talented friend Carla Hackett. We wanted something fun, vibrant and happy looking that would stand out on a clean, white page. It’s quite a departure from my previous logo but it still captures the essence of who I am and what this brand is.
2) The content is still the same, as are the categories and the URLs so if you’ve bookmarked or linked to any of my recipes or pages, those connections will still work. Actually, structurally the website hasn’t changed at all.
3) The site is now much lighter, both in colour and size, and it should be faster. It’s also completely responsive so it will display very nicely in all your big and small devices. Finally!
4) Is It Paleo? module that used to live on the homepage will soon have its own page so you will still be able to play around with it. We’re just making some small updates to it.
5) Irey’s Kitchen section is a little pimped up – you can now easily see more recipes on one page and browse by categories and tags.
6) All of the products I feature on the site, such as Your Guide To Paleo and I Quit Sugar books, are my genuine recommendations. I get a small affiliate commission if you buy any of them, but I own and use all of them so I can vouch for their quality and usefulness. The other advertisements are served by Google Adsense (usually) and from time to time some weird ads might pop up. Those ads are actually what Google things you might be interested in and I don’t control them. However, if you see something very inappropriate, please shoot us an email as we can block certain domains.
That’s about it guys! Not much else has changed. It’s lighter, brighter, easier to navigate and features a few more of my mug shots because…well, why not? Those nice pics of me were taken by a buddy of mine Tony C French. The design of the website was done by me (rather heavily adapted from an existing theme), and the web development by the super talented Maria Granadino.
So, please bear with us while we keep updating and fine tuning bits and pieces. We welcome feedback and suggestions so we can keep improving Eat Drink Paleo and making it useful, interesting and easy to interact with.