- 6 pineapple slices + short bamboo skewers (I cut my longer ones to make them shorter)
- ½ teaspoon of coconut oil for frying
- 1 large banana, diced and frozen
- 2/3 cup diced ripe pineapple
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon spirulina powder (I used Nature’s Ways SuperfoodsTropically Flavoured Spirulina)
- 1 tablespoon lime or lemon juice
- couple of ice-cubes
- coconut flakes, nuts, and seeds for garnish
- Pierce pineapple slices onto two skewers and pan fry in coconut oil over medium-high heat (about two minutes on each side, until golden grill marks appear). Set aside.
- Add the frozen banana, pineapple chunks, coconut cream, flavoured spirulina powder and lime juice to a blender or a food processor. If making as a drinking smoothie, add ¼ cup of water or coconut water to make it thinner, otherwise process until smooth and thick. Add the ice-cubes if you like it colder and thicker, and whiz a few more times until the ice is incorporated. Serve in glasses or bowls, as you wish. Garnish with some toasted coconut flakes or a handful of nuts and seeds and grilled pineapple skewers.