This tasty, paleo shrimp and broccoli stir-fry is the easiest and quickest paleo dinner EVER! I have a sneaky method for whipping this meal up in less than 15 minutes, and I am going to tell you how.
There are three key ingredients in this dish: raw prawns (or shrimp), broccoli and roasted cashew nuts. You can use raw cashew nuts, in my opinion, the roasted ones are much better for this recipe.
The rest are your easily accessible aromatics and a few sauces, which you can easily get online or in your local health food store. If you’re not familiar with coconut aminos, read this blog post. You can save even more time by making a batch of my paleo stir-fry sauce to store in the fridge. It can easily be used for this dish.
If you like easy and complete paleo meals like this, check out similar recipes here.Print
- 1 small head of broccoli (1/2 large head), cut into small florets
- 1+1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 long red chili, diced
- 1 tablespoon of finely diced or grated ginger
- 1/2 cup roasted cashew nuts
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos (or Tamari wheat-free soy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Juice of 1/4 lemon or 1/2 lime (about 1-2 tablespoons of juice)
- 250 g / 8 oz raw peeled prawns/shrimp (frozen prawns can be defrosted ahead of time)
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely diced
- Bring a kettle of water to a boil. Pour a few cups of boiling hot water to a pot and place over high heat. Add the broccoli and cook for 2 minutes. Strain and rinse under cold water. Set aside.
- In the meantime, heat coconut oil in a large frying pan or a wok. Add the chilli, ginger and cashew nuts and stir-fry for a minute, stirring frequently.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the fish sauce, coconut aminos, honey, sesame oil and lemon or lime juice.
- Add the prawns to the pan and stir through for a minute, then add the garlic and stir for 30 more seconds.
- Finally add the pre-cooked broccoli and the sauce and stir-fry together for a minute. Serve right away, while still nice and hot.