Want a quick and easy paleo dessert that is also AIP friendly? Plus, something that kids will love? You need to try these strawberry ice cream bon bons!
This super easy recipe is from Kelly Bejelly’s eBook Paleo Autoimmune Sweets & Treats. AIP desserts can be challenging as you can’t have nuts, seeds or too many sweeteners, but Kelly has put together a lot of simple and satisfying ideas.
This recipe uses freeze dried strawberries, which you can buy from health food stores, online and at selected supermarkets. These look like dehydrated strawberries and the flavour is really concentrated, so even a small amount of these will add a big strawberry taste. You can use natural strawberry powder as well or even try with regular dehydrated strawberries. You could use the same recipe using other freeze dried fruit and berries.
These bons bons are a little like paleo fat bombs, using quite a bit of coconut oil, so they are very satiating and nourishing.Print
- 1.2 oz / 35 g bag freeze dried strawberries
- ⅔ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 large ripe bananas, peeled and cut into chunks
- In your food processor, add the freeze dried strawberries and pulse until completely crushed.
- Then add the melted coconut oil and banana chunks and pulse until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a silicone ice cube tray and freeze for 4 hours.
- Remove and try not to eat them all in one sitting.