Whether you’re heating up the BBQ on a warm summer’s day or you need to give your skillet a bit of a workout, this is fabulous recipe that you I know you will love. My paprika lime chicken is tender and juicy and the spices and lime used in the marinade will take your taste buds on a little holiday to the Caribbean, Mexico or Spain – your pick!
I used chicken tenderloins because I find the meat more tender than the rest of the chicken breast and it’s easier to work with than the chicken thighs. You can use any chicken meat you like, just adjust the cooking time depending on the size of the pieces. This marinade will also work well with quail, prawns and even beef.
Still confused about what chicken tenderloins are? WIKI: Chicken tenderloins are short, thin cuts taken from beneath the breast of the bird. However, what is typically sold in grocers as chicken tenderloins are actually slender slices of breast meat.
More delicious chicken recipes:
- 900 grams / 2 lbs of chicken tenderloins
- Coconut oil for frying
- 5 teaspoons of sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper or chill powder
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Allspice (optional but very nice and gives it a JERK flavour)
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely diced or grated
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste/puree
- 2 limes (zest + juice from one lime for the marinade and juice from the second when serving)
- Mix the marinade ingredients in a large bowl. Rinse the chicken and cut larger pieces in half.
- Using your hands, rub the chicken with the marinade. Leave in the bowl, wrap with cling wrap and set aside in the fridge for at least one hour before grilling.
- If using a grill plate or a skillet on your stove, heat one teaspoon of coconut oil until sizzling hot. Fry the chicken pieces for 4 minutes on each side and then remove to a plate to rest. Make sure not to overcrowd the frying pan or you will end up with too much meat juice and stewed rather than grilled chicken.
- If using a BBQ, heat the plate to sizzling hot and either spray with olive oil or brush with coconut oil. Place chicken pieces on the plate with a little space in between and cook for 4 minutes on each side on medium/high heat with the lid on.
- Remove cooked chicken to a serving plate and drizzle with lime juice before serving.
P.S. Have a look at Happy Body Formula, my 9-week paleo program. It comes with nutritionist-approved meal plans, tasty recipes, shopping lists, dedicated coach, learning tools and a tracking app, that will help you detox and reset, lose weight and feel fantastic.
+ Want to try paleo for 7 days? Get my FREE 7-Day Eat Better Challenge meal plan.