In a recent post I shared my favourite way to roast sweet potatoes. Today, I want to show you a wonderful way to use the above mentioned sweet potatoes in a tasty, simple salad bowl. Using good quality jamon, prosciutto or roast ham and lovely fresh greens, you can have a delicious lunch, dinner or breakfast ready in no time. Ok, a little longer if you need to roast the sweet potatoes.
I’ve provided the ingredients you need for the sweet potatoes below, but you will find the instructions in this more detailed post. While you’re at it, roast a little extra so you have some leftovers to use in other meals.
This is a great breakfast recipe for those following AIP diet or avoiding eggs. My friend Ariadne introduced me to this dish and she often makes it with crispy bacon instead of ham. You can used some smoked salmon or sardines instead. The recipe below is for two people so either divide or multiply the ingredients for a larger serving.
This recipe is suitable to those following my 9-week HBF program or a similar program like Whole30.Print
For the sweet potatoes
- 1 large sweet potato, sliced into 1-2 cm circles
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- (see instructions in the link provided above)
For the rest
- 100 g good quality Spanish ham, prosciutto or sliced ham
- 2-3 cups rocket or baby spinach
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- Juice of 1/4 lemon
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Prepare the roast potatoes as per my other post. You can do these the night before as they keep well in the fridge.
- Divide between bowls with slices of ham. Toss together the rocket, cucumber, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper and serve alongside the ham and sweet potatoes.
If you love this recipe, make sure to share it around. You can share it to your Pinterest board from here. Leave a question or comment below. Enjoy!