Recipe: Thyme & lemon mushrooms
This is my default mushroom recipe – it’s super easy, quick and you can make it for breakfast, lunch or dinner. I love a combination of thyme, garlic and lemon and it goes superbly well with mushrooms. You can use any kind of mushrooms, I used the most common white button mushrooms which I sliced whole.
- 4 cups sliced button mushrooms
- 5 springs of fresh thyme, leaves only
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and diced
- Zest of 1 lemon + a drizzle of lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp ghee (mushrooms are like sponges when it comes to fats and oil)
- 2 pinches of sea salt
- A pinch of black pepper
- Heat ghee in a large frying pan until sizzling hot. Add mushrooms and thyme, cook on high until browned and turn the heat down to medium. Add garlic, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring a few times. Finish with a drizzle of fresh lemon juice and more fresh thyme. I like to add a little splash of truffle oil as well.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Number of servings: 2-4
Still can't find what you're looking for?