This chicken and avocado salad is a jack of all trades, so to speak. It’s rich in multiple nutrients – such as Vitamin C, E, K, folate and B6 – plus loads of lean protein, healthy fats and fibre. Being both nourishing and easy to make, it’s become my go-to, fuss-free recipe for a quick lunch or dinner.Print
For the chicken
- 1 large chicken breast (free range), sliced
- 1 tablespoon mixed Moroccan spices (cumin, paprika, turmeric, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, oregano)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
For the salad
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 red capsicum (bell pepper), sliced
- 1/4 Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- handful of fresh parsley, roughly chopped
For the dressing
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- generous pinch of salt and pepper
- ½ teaspoon honey (optional)
- Sprinkle the chicken slices with the spices and salt and rub in with your hands.
- Heat coconut oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the chicken slices and cook for 4-5minutes on each side, until golden brown. Remove and rest for a few minutes before adding to the salad.[url href=”http://eatdrinkpaleo.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/paleo-chicken-salad-cooking.jpg”][/url]
- Prepare the salad ingredients and whisk together the salad dressing. Toss the salad (except for avocado) with the dressing and divide between two bowls. Top with a few slices of chicken each and sliced avocado.
P.S. Would you like to make the paleo diet work for you? Check out one of my three paleo plan options here. Choose between the 7-Day Paleo Kick Starter, 4-Week Paleo Reset or the complete 8-Week Paleo Reset & Reintroductions Plan.