This chicken and avocado salad is a jack of all trades, so to speak. It’s rich in multiple nutrients – such as Vitamin C, E, K, folate and B6 – plus loads of lean protein, healthy fats and fibre. Being both nourishing and easy to make, it’s become my go-to, fuss-free recipe for a quick lunch or dinner.
- 1 large chicken breast (free range), sliced
- 1 tablespoon mixed Moroccan spices (cumin, paprika, turmeric, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, oregano)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ red capsicum (bell pepper), sliced
- ¼ Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- handful of fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- generous pinch of salt and pepper
- ½ teaspoon honey (optional)
- Sprinkle the chicken slices with the spices and salt and rub in with your hands.
- Heat coconut oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the chicken slices and cook for 4-5minutes on each side, until golden brown. Remove and rest for a few minutes before adding to the salad.
- Prepare the salad ingredients and whisk together the salad dressing. Toss the salad (except for avocado) with the dressing and divide between two bowls. Top with a few slices of chicken each and sliced avocado.
Pin for later from here.