Recipe: Warm Chicken Salad With Avocado
This chicken and avocado salad is a bit of a superhero. Rich in nutrients such as Vitamin C, E, K, niacin and B6, folate, loads of lean protein, healthy fats and fibre, it’s my go to fuss free recipe for a quick lunch or dinner.
- Half free range chicken breast, sliced
- 1 tbsp mixed Moroccan spices (cumin, paprika, turmeric, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, oregano)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- 1 avocado
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 red capsicum (bell pepper)
- 1/4 Spanish onion
- Fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Black pepper
- Heat a frying pan with coconut oil. Add slices of chicken breast when sizzling hot and bring the heat to medium/high.
- Sprinkle with half of spices and a little salt, fry for 2-3 minutes until golden brown crust forms. Turn over, sprinkle with the remaining spice mix and cook for a further 2-3 minutes. Remove and rest for a few minutes before adding to the salad.
- Cut tomatoes in halves, slice red capsicum and onion into strips. Wash and tear a few parsley leaves into the salad mix.
- Whisk olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper with a fork to make a dressing.
- To assemble the salad, divide the mix into two bowls, place a few slices of chicken on top and slice half of avocado for each portion. Drizzle with the salad dressing and some cracked pepper.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 6 minutes
Number of servings: 2
Check out my Eat Drink Paleo Cookbook - a fantastic edition to any kitchen, filled with exclusive recipes, cooking tips and easy guide to paleo. Also just out, the new Rejuvenate program, which I co-authored with a medical nutritionist Claire Yates – it will teach you how to achieve radiance, wellness and longevity through food and holistic living.
Still can't find what you're looking for?