Recipe: Oysters with Zesty Vietnamese Dressing
This is the dressing I often make with fresh oysters. We had it again on Christmas day and it’s always such a hit. I also like to make a bigger batch as it makes for a nice salad dressing and condiment with chicken or fish. Simple, fresh, delicious!
Nutrition fact: Oysters are super energy food – full of vitamin B-12, vitamin D, zinc, selenium, manganese, iron, protein AND they are rich on Omega-3 fatty acids. Get shucking!
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 small garlic clove, finely diced
- 1/2 long red chilli, finely dice (or some chilli flakes)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 fresh lime
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp coconut sugar/syrup or raw honey
- 1 tbsp Tamari sauce (GF organic soy sauce, which is fine in small amounts)
- 1 tbsp chopped green onion
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
Mix all ingredients in a bowl and serve with shucked oysters. Use leftovers as a salad dressing or with grilled chicken, fish or prawns.
Preparation time: 10-15 minutes
Number of servings: 1/2 cup